Thursday, November 1, 2007

Opportunity: Author White Paper on Flash Video

Shell Pipes 54 seconds - H264 random frame
With the proliferation of Flash Video on the web, the recent announcement in Chicago at Adobe’s MAX 2007 conference that the newest versions of Flash Player and Adobe Media Player will include two new codecs was a welcome sign.

One of the codecs is a high definition profile of On2’s VP6 called VP6-S; the other is H.264, the videoconferencing standard codec that has also begun to take the broadcast world by storm.

Along with the announcement, which now brings the number of Flash Video codecs to four, there is an additional need for education on Flash Video and the options that each allow.

I’m honored to be asked to write a white paper on the topic; it’s been about six years since I stepped away from doing day-to-day market analysis, and I have to say I’ve missed it. This is a good topic to get my feet wet again.

This project also lets me do something I’ve not had a chance to do for several years: put a camera back in my hands to produce a set of video clips that will be used as reference material for the white paper.

More as the project progresses.


Shell Pipes 54 seconds - H264 final frame -1M

No comments:

Post a Comment