Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Perspective: Aneesh Chopra to address SUPERCOMM

One of the areas I've worked in over the past few years has been economic development, specifically technology-based economic development in the rural Tennessee-Virginia border area.

During a multi-year stint launching a Chamber of Commerce small business initiative (KOSBE) and the launch of a non-metropolitan World Trade Center (MountainSouth WTC), I had the opportunity to work with Aneesh Chopra.

At that time, Aneesh was the CTO for the Commonwealth of Virginia, but he has since moved on to the national level. I was delighted to hear that he will be speaking at SUPERCOMM on the same day as my session.

Aneesh Chopra, Chief Technology Officer of the U.S. and Associate Director for Technology in the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy will deliver a keynote at SUPERCOMM 2009. Chopra--appointed by President Obama to "promote technological innovation to help achieve our most urgent priorities"--will deliver his vision of how broadband will transform the American economy on Day 2, Thursday, October 22, 2009.

2 comments:

  1. Tim, yes, this is such an exciting opportunity. We'll be (DIDXchange) at SUPERCOMM as an exhibitor and media partner. Thanks for your memories of Aneesh Chopra while working with the Chamber of Commerce. When you have time, share more. See you at SUPERCOMM next week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, will certainly be at SUPERCOMM - see my interview with Jan M for a bit of perspective on the new "Broadband Life" focus and a link to the panel I'll be on.

    For those interested in what Aneesh did in Virginia, I'd recommend an article from back in 2006 that I wrote for StreamingMedia.com - http://www.streamingmediaglobal.com/article.asp?id=9407 - from the first time I met Aneesh, after I had just joined the local World Trade Center project (MountainSouth WTC).

    ReplyDelete