Monday, November 2, 2009

More great benefits . . . Starbucks

Whenever I see an email that starts with words like "improving" and "more great benefits" I know I'm about to lose some of the benefits I already had. Sure enough, Starbucks is now promising me that . . .

Except none of the benefits that Starbucks is offering me are of any benefit at all.

First, the really good stuff, offering "benefits such as free flavored syrups or brewed coffee refills that many of you have asked for". Did I ask for flavored syrups in my solo espresso? Do I want to pour brewed coffee refills into that tiny cup? Neither one of those seem a benefit to me.

And then the kicker, which starts with "while it will not provide the 10% discount" of my current program, it will be FREE. As if Starbucks thinks that we don't realize the bargain we get with the current paid card . . .

Three more reasons to ditch Starbucks for the new Panera next door. Nothing to see here, please move along.

No comments:

Post a Comment